Football news from the varsity coaching staff at Fredericton High School

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Run for the Cure update

Good morning Team!  Great game Friday night!!

I wanted to update everyone on this Sunday, upcoming week, October 04 game and the fund raising.

- I will be at the field Monday after practice to collect all the forms.  Some of the boys did not get forms for the donations , I will have those too.  If you have the opportunity to do some fund raising this weekend, you can go on the CIBC site and print a form off.  The participation forms need just the top part filled out and parent signature if 16 or under.

- I have mentioned to the boys that they should aim to each raise $100.  This will not only wave their registration fee, but just think if all 43 players raised $100 for the cause.  I will need the donation forms and money Friday night after practice.  I will count it up and we will be able to announce at the game on Saturday.

- I will be at the registration/donation centre Sunday, October 5th at 9-930.  I will need a couple of players to meet me their to give the money raised.  Colten will be with me so it would be great for a couple others to come too!

- Start Times:
Final Registration/Donation Drop-off: 10:00am
Opening Ceremonies: 1:10pm
Warm Up: 1:50pm
5km Start: 2:00pm
1km Start: 2:00pm
Awards & Closing Ceremonies: 3:00pm

- I was able to get the team t-shirts even thought the deadline had passed!! :-)  whoop whoop!  The team has been registered as FHS Varsity Kats Football team!  43 t-shirts!!  say what!!  LOL

- We are in the process of getting pink socks for the game.  If we can't, maybe some players that still have socks from previous years can share one.  Also the boys need pink stuff to wear at game and the run!  Coach just asked to not colour the new white jerseys!! :-)

- On game day, we will be finishing up the fund raising!!  50/50, donation buckets, BBQ/canteen/tailgate party.  Proceed made will go to the fund raising efforts.  I will need parents to get BBQ, hots and hams, buns, drinks and stuff for the canteen.  Let me know who can help out and how. Did I mention I was excited about this??  :-)

- I was in contact with the radio station, they will hopefully be airing the fund raiser on game day on all three stations!!  exciting!!  :-)

- After Mondays practice, I will also have a few things for the team to organize at the school .  Lets get as many involved as possible.

- I have asked the guys that if they have family members or close friends that are breast cancer survivors, that we can honour at the game on Saturday.  It would be great to have those names and a brief bio by monday, so I can organize the flowers.  I will ask the player who nominated the survivor to present the flowers to that survivor

- At the game on Saturday I will announce the amount raised and the survivors, and maybe one of the survivors can do the coin toss , like they did at the touchdown for the cure.  Will there be a PA system there for this and for music? can someone organise this? :-)

I know this is a bit last minute, but we can do this!!!!  I just need a little help to pull it off.  The boys seemed really pumped !
I am so proud of the energy and enthusiasm these boys have shown for this cause.  I was teary when I left the field after mentioning it to them!!  I feel that this has touched all of our lives and has had an impact to some degree.  The togetherness this team shows is incredible!  Lets do this Kats!!!!!  Lets show them what being a Black Kat is all about!!

GO KATS GO

PLease message me with any questions or concerns, and any ideas to ensure the success of the teams efforts!!!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment